New England Wine & Spirits
Friday September 22
1. Line 39 Sauvignon Blanc, California $11.99 2 for $20.00 Always a favorite with our customers. It opens with vibrant aromas of grapefruit and lemon with subtle grassy characters and a crisp clean finish. This wine is a fine accompaniment to shellfish or on its own
2. Alias Chardonnay, California $11.99 2 for $20.00
Alias is a fantastic value. Bright notes of tropical fruit carry the bouquet, with soft notes of dried apricot and vanilla. The palate is silky smooth, rich but not buttery, with light flavors of lemon blossom, dried fruits, and apricot.
3. Carneros Highway Chardonnay, Carneros $17.99
The Carneros region straddles the southern ends of Napa and Sonoma Counties and overlooks
smooth, rich, with light flavors of apple and pears, dried fruits, and stone fruit. The lively acidity carries the rich flavors, creating this refreshing and drinkable wine.
4. Grati Chianti, Tuscany $11.99 2 for $20.00
Wonderfully aromatic, fine-structured, with delicious fruit, the base Chianti outperforms its price-point considerably. Although it would be delicious with pizza or pasta, it stands up beautifully with beef-steak on the grill.
5. Lesse Fitch Cabernet Sauvignon $11.99 2 for $20.00
Tasting the wine reveals it to be smooth and very easy to drink. Loaded with flavors of blackberry and plum. Light touches of oak, tobacco and caramel lead into the dry finish of this slightly sweet, medium-bodied wine. Lingering blackberry, prune and chocolate notes last for a good while in the mouth.
6. Bread and Butter Pinot Noir, California $13.99
Bread and Butter Pinot Noir has been a very popular Pinot Noir in this shop for years.
The nose is really pretty – lots of floral, chocolate, cherry cola, with a hint of pears and caramel. It has a dusty, earthy aroma that keeps you interested long after your glass is empty. The texture is super smooth, soft, and balanced.
7. Highway 12, Cabernet Sauvignon, California $17.99
Blended with 8% Cabernet Franc and 5% Merlot, the wine was aged in French. Entry exhibits soft earthtones on the nose with hints of cherry, blueberry and a vanilla-oak softness. Medium to full-bodied the wine reveals wonderful fruit ripeness supported by richness and a slightly chewy core.